Feels Like Chi Alpha

Before planting Solomon's Porch, my wife and I spent eleven amazing years in the world of college ministry.  I think I speak for her when I say we loved every minute of it.  However, if there's a downside to ministry on a college campus, it has to be finding space on campus to meet in.  This is a problem we had to deal with for the first 7-8 years, until we were able to build our own student center (thank you Life Fellowship in Weatherford, OK).

Even though our college ministries days are over, we find ourselves dealing with the same problem regarding meeting space.  We've been meeting in a hotel since we started doing pre-launch services in October of '09.  Over that time, we've met in pretty much every space they have available.  Thankfully, Chi Alpha prepared us well for this type of inconvenience.  That being said, the inconvenience reached new heights this past weekend.

On Saturday, I received an email from the hotel letting us know our time with them was over.  Starting in November, we will no longer be meeting in the hotel.  It's always tempting to panic or get upset when something like this happens, much to my surprise though, neither happened.  Without going into a lot of details, I believe the timing of all this is God ordained.  I don't know what's around the corner, but I believe God is in the middle of it.

Right now we're praying for direction and wisdom.  Do we find another hotel and/or temporary meeting space?  Do we go ahead and use this time to find a more permanent location?  Do we go into homes?  We're not quite sure which direction we'll end up going, but here's what I do know.  We will not panic.  God is in control!

No comments:

Post a Comment