Laugh or Go Crazy

This past week, Solomon's Porch embarked on its first mass mailing campaign.  We sent jumbo sized postcards to 10,000 homes here in Richardson.  Mailing campaigns like this are always a little risky...they aren't cheap (although the price per home is about 23 cents)...and obviously there's no guarantee people will show up because of a piece of mail.  While I'll be disappointed if we don't see any foot traffic as a result of our efforts, I believe simply letting people know we're here and putting our name in front of them is important.  So, as the postcards have hit mailboxes the last few days, I've wondered what, if any impact they were having.  This morning I went to check my email and I had my answer.

I got an email from a gentleman letting me know he got our card......and then he preceded to ask me to take him off our mailing list...hahaha.  So I guess my questions have been answered.   People are getting the cards and they are having an impact...although it's not exactly what we were going for it's a start.

If you ever think about planting a church, I have one important piece of advice for you.  If you don't have a good sense of humor, don't do it.  It's a crazy ride, with lots of ups and downs...you better be able to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment